PRWeek has refreshed Hall of Femme for 2022 to its new branding as Women of Distinction. Supplemented by our Women to Watch program, both initiatives honor inspiring women who, nominated by their peers and colleagues, set the bar higher within their organizations. These two groups of established and up-and-coming U.S. PR professionals are setting the standard for other women working in communications and supercharging their brands to help them exceed their business goals and achieve creative excellence.
“It was time to retire the Hall of Femme nomenclature and rebrand the scheme as something more redolent of the women who are shaping this dynamic and increasingly influential profession,” said Steve Barrett, VP, editorial director, PRWeek. “The Women of Distinction and Women to Watch classes of 2022 will be an inspiration to everyone working in PR.”
IMPORTANT EVENT DATES + FEES
- EVENT DATES -
First nomination deadline: January 19, 2022
Extended nomination deadline:January 26, 2022
Live event date: TBD
- EVENT FEES -
First nomination deadline fee: $215.00
Extended nomination deadline fee: $265.00
Live event fee: TBD
Organizations can nominate women from their comms team who consistently bring their A-game and inspire those around them to do the same.
To be considered as a Woman of Distinction, the candidate would typically be an SVP, EVP, MD, president, CEO or chair at an agency, brand or nonprofit. Women to Watch would typically be a VP, senior account director, account executive, account director and below. Job titles vary from company to company, so please inquire if you are unsure which category to enter.
- Nomination rules -
- Women of Distinction and Women to Watch nominees must work in North America.
- Women honored in prior years are not eligible for nomination in the same category.
- Any person who identifies as a woman is eligible to be nominated.
- Self-nominations are not permitted for Women of Distinction. Women to Watch can be self-nominated.
- All entries must be submitted and paid for online by January 19, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Entries will be accepted until January 26, however, entries submitted after January 19 will incur a late fee of $50 per entry.
- All information shared with PRWeek as part of the nomination process will be considered part of the public domain and potentially be included in the honoree’s profile and/or a program for the event celebrating the honorees.
Note: Previous “Hall of Femme” honorees are not eligible for the Women of Distinction category.
- Nomination QUESTIONS -
It is important to provide specific measures about how your nominee's efforts have helped her organization set itself apart in the marketplace. Be sure to include details about your nominee’s efforts to elevate the role of women in society or business and any philanthropic efforts they are involved in.
- Nominee job history [300 words max]
- Nominee career accomplishments [300 words max]
- Nominee outside activities and accomplishments unrelated to the PR industry (i.e.charitable groups, personal interests, academic accomplishments, family life, etc.) [300 words max]
- Nominee industry contributions (i.e. professional trade group involvement, adjunct professorships, etc.) [300 words max]
- Nominee efforts to promote D&I at their organization. [300 words max]
- Why should PRWeek consider this nominee? [300 words max]
INTERESTED IN CHECKING OUT THE 2021 VIRTUAL EVENT?